A very warm welcome to all who worship here today. Please stay for a cuppa and conversation after the service.
Next Sunday’s worship will be led by Rev Sandra Wright-Taylor.
Wednesday Walkers 26th May: Meet 9.30am in Harakeke St, near Riccarton Rd. Coffee at the Buddhist Temple. All welcome. Janette 021 075 6780.
Fireside Women’s Group meets at 1.30pm on Wednesday 26th May in the Parish Lounge. Ngaire Worsley is coming along to talk about the work she does for Foster Hope. If you are able to, please consider donating pyjamas (all sizes), toothpaste and small packets of coloured pencils. All women are very welcome. Sonya Hodder 339 7038.
Pastoral Care Visiting course – continues on Monday at 1pm. Lyndsey 388 1264.
FREE: Crab apples to give away – see Sue Saunders.
Flat wanted that will accept cats – please contact Sue 960 7657 if you know of anything suitable.
Movie Night Saturday 29th May 5.30pm. BYO takeaways – tea & coffee available. Movie “Waking Ned Devine” will screen 6.15pm. Koha appreciated. This is an Irish movie about a winner of a lottery ticket and all the ramifications that problem imposes!!!!! “The perfect antidote to a lousy day”.
TODAY is the last chance to sign up for the Court Theatre trip. Thursday 1 July 6.30pmto see a musical “Once” – based on a movie set in Dublin. Price $62/$38 with CSC (this is a very good price). Sue 960 7657.
Cheques are no longer being accepted by major NZ banks after 31 May. If you need to discuss alternative ways of donating to the church, please have a chat with Joan Macdonald.
QUIZ NIGHT: St Mark’s Opawa invite you to join them, Sunday 30th May 6.30pm. $10 per person. Grab some friends and make up a team of six. Light supper will be served. Tickets available from Anna. All are welcome.
To enable easy access to our Zoom account, from next week we will email the weekly pewsheet to everyone on the membership list. If you wish to opt out, please let Anna know. Don Fergus & Irene Gray.
The Parish Council met on Thursday night (20 May) and among other things
- considered the requirement that users of the complex know and follow our Health and Safety guidelines.
- Approved a request from the Assembly Executive Secretary to approve an additional clause to the Book of Order allowing the General Assembly to meet on-line in the event it can’t meet in person.
- Signed off on a Memorandum of Understanding with the Menzshed as to how it and the parish will manage the relationship between the two groups. This can now be lodged with the Church Property Trustees in Wellington.
- Talked briefly about the need for us all to be careful when parking on the roadside that we don’t block neighbour’s driveways. With an increasing number of groups using our complex there are more people and cars around than ever!
- Agreed that Anna should now be asked to work an additional hour each week This means her hours in the church office would be 0900-1200 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Received and considered reports from each of the parish ‘work groups’.
What’s on This Week:
Monday 9.30am-12noon St Mark’s Elder Care. Therese 337 1225.
Monday 1pm Pastoral Visiting course. Lyndsey 388 1264.
Tuesday 10am – 2pm South Elder Care. Jeannette 332 9869.
Tuesday 7.15pm Christian Meditation Group. Contact Dugald 380 5024.
Wednesday 9.30am Walking Group: Riccarton. Janette 021 0756780.
Wednesday 1.30pm Fireside Women’s Group. Sonya 339 7038.
Wednesday 7.30pm Global Voices choir. Nick 027 2255142.
Thursday 10am – 12 noon Crafty Crafters. Bring along your own craft items or learn a new skill. $3 per session. Jeannette 332 9869.
Thursday 1.30pm Sit & Be Fit. Anneke 328 7459.
Thursday 5-7pm Familial Trust mentor group. Nadine 981 1093.
Saturday 5.30pm Movie night. Irene 332 7306.
A day of spiritual nourishment for those who live alone – Rev Stephanie Robson, Anglican Diocesan Ministry Educator, will be running a “Not So Quiet Day” HERE on Saturday 19th June 9.30am-3pm. To register, please contact Anna at the Parish Office 332 6192. Suggested koha $5, bring lunch to share. This is a joint event with St Mark’s Opawa & St John’s Woolston.