Here’s our Zoom link –
Topic: St Martin’s Sunday Worship
To Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 0869 6154
A very warm welcome to all who worship with us this morning.
Based on the best information available and given the fact that our church building is well ventilated, Parish Council has agreed the following:
- Masks are no longer required to be worn in church.
- The best protection against the Covid 19 virus is vaccination including two booster shots. This is our first and best line of defence and we urge all parish members to protect your health by being fully vaccinated
- If you wish to wear a mask to give yourself added protection you should feel absolutely free to do so.
- If, after the vaccination and mask wearing options have been considered you remain uncomfortable about being in church where masks are no longer required, use @church via Zoom until you feel confident enough to be in church with or without a mask.
- As always, if you’re feeling unwell please stay at home, see your doctor if necessary, and use @ Church via Zoom.
Next Sunday’s reading is: Luke 18:9-14
Wednesday Walkers 21st September: For those not going on the bus trip to Kaikoura, meet 9.30am in Mona Vale carpark for a walk through the Gardens and along to Harper Avenue to see the blossoms. Morning tea at Dux Dine Riccarton. All welcome. Sonya 027 253 3397.
Anna is on Annual Leave this Friday 23rd September – any items for the pewsheet need to be received by 9am THURSDAY please. Thank you.
Art Masterclass HERE Friday 14th October 1.30pm – 4.30pm: John Gillies will demonstrate his painting techniques and offer the opportunity for participants to create a canvas under his guidance. $25 per person (payable in advance please). There are still a couple of spots available. Email the Parish Office to register with Anna or Don by Sunday 02 October.
St Mark’s Anglican Church Opawa Spring Fair Saturday 24th September 8.30am-12noon, 101 Opawa Rd. Everyone is welcome. Cash only. Please support our neighbours.
From Barbara Meier: We will be sending the money to You Sisters TODAY – if you still wish to contribute, please see Joan Mac after the service.
Daylight Saving begins NEXT Sunday 25th September – don’t forget to move your clocks forward one hour, and check your smoke alarm batteries!
A note about Sunday services:
Sunday 09 October Congregational meeting after the service to elect four members of the congregation to the Ministry Settlement Board. This meeting will be chaired by Rev Stephanie Wells, Convenor of the MSB.
Sunday 30 October Don Lord, Executive Director of Hagar NZ and his colleague Andrea Herbert will speak at the morning service.
Sunday 06 November There is NO SERVICE at St Martins on this Sunday.
Instead there is to be a service at Rangi Ruru at 10.00am when the four churches in Christchurch South will meet together: St Martins, Cashmere, Hoon Hay and Halswell. Car pooling from St Martins will be arranged.
THIS WEEK AT ST MARTINS
Tuesday 9.30am South Elder Care (lounge) Jeannette 332 9869.
Tuesday 7.15pm Meditation Group (church) Dugald 021 161 7007.
Wednesday 9.30am Walking Group: Mona Vale. Sonya 027 2533397.
Thursday 10am Crafty Crafters (lounge) Jeannette 332 9869.
Thursday 1.30pm Sit & Be Fit(church) Anneke 021 077 4065.
Thursday 5.30pm Familial Trust (whole complex) Vanessa 981 1093.
Friday 10.30am Sing & Sign (lounge) Rebecca 022 0862211.