FOOT CLINIC tomorrow 1-4pm in the Parish Lounge.
Wednesday Walkers: For details about informal walks over the summer, please contact Sonya 027 2533397. This week, we will meet at South Library for a stroll, followed by coffee at Novel café.
What’s On This Week:
Monday 1-4pm Foot Clinic. Judith 332 1577.
Monday 6pm MenzShed meeting.
Tuesday 10am – 2pm South Elder Care. Jeannette 332 9869.
Tuesday 7.15pm Christian Meditation Group. Contact Dugald 380 5024.
Wednesday 9.30am Informal Walk South Library. Sonya 027 2533397.
Thursday 1.30 – 2.30pm Sit & Keep Fit. See Anneke for more information.
Thursday 5-7pm Familial Trust. Graeme 021 365 433.
THANK YOU to everyone who has donated gifts and baking for Waltham Cottage.
Community Carol Singing
Join the Stedfast Brass 6pm Friday 18th December at Opawa Community Church, wet or fine cnr Aynsley Tce and Opawa Rd. Sausage sizzle and drinks for sale from 5.30pm
CHRISTMAS & JANUARY @ ST MARTINS
Christmas Eve Service 7.30pm Thursday 24th December
Christmas Day Service 9.30am Friday 25th December
Sunday 27th December & Sunday 3rd January 10am ~ combined with our Beckenham Methodist friends HERE
Sunday 10th & 17th January 10am ~ combined worship at Beckenham Methodist Church, Malcolm Ave.
The Parish Office will close at 12 noon on Thursday 24th December and re-open at 9am on Thursday 21st January 2021.
Crafty Crafters has finished for the year. It will resume on Thursday 21st January 2021.
A good news story from Joan Macdonald:
My grandson Mark Cox was awarded Dux of Ferndale School this week. This is the base school for many special needs children. Mark has been out at New Brighton for about three, maybe four years, mainly learning life skills. It is not an academic award but we were even prouder when it’s specifically noted by the Principal it’s for his positive attitude and kindness. Mark is 21. I am not sure what is planned for next year but hopeful that he will employed in some way. As a little toddler he came with me to church a number of times. He always made a beeline for David Carmichael’s knobs and buttons of his tape recorder when he used it up near the communion table, or stood on the steps dangling keys and jabbering away in his own lingo. Mark has also earned the Duke of Edinburgh gold medal. He is a lovely young man and we are very proud of his achievements.
Congratulations to Mark from everyone at St Martins – well done!
Some brief points from the Board of Manager’s meeting on Wednesday evening:
- There will be a fire evacuation drill at a service sometime in January. Are you aware of the quickest way out of the building from where you are right now??
- The lights in the lounge are to be replaced with brighter ones. This will lift the light level in the lounge to the same level as that in the church.
- Joan Macdonald reported on the parish finances.
- If you hear of anyone or any group looking for a meeting space please mention to them that we have spaces for hire.
- If you have an accident or fall of any sort within the church buildings or precincts please don’t forget to register it with Anna in the church office. This is a health and safety requirement and alerts us to any safety issues that might need to be fixed up. Incident Report forms are in the kitchen with the first aid kit.
- The Board agreed to ask the congregation to support a request to the Alpine Presbytery to allow us to set up a Parish Council in the place of the existing Session and Board of Managers.