10am Sunday worship in the church has resumed or you are welcome to worship with the St Martins Presbyterian congregation via Zoom. To join us, just click on the link below:
Meeting ID: 815 0869 6154
A very warm welcome to all who worship with us today – either in person or online.
The Golden Rules for Level 2 worship:
- If you’re sick, stay home and Zoom
- If you’re feeling unwell, stay home and Zoom
- If you don’t want to join a large crowd just yet, stay home and Zoom
- If you plan to be in Church, we encourage you to wear a face covering.
- You must sign in using the app or the paper copy – this is mandatory.
Next week’s Bible reading is: Romans 1:1-17
Wednesday Walkers 27th October: meet 9.30am in Opawa Café carpark, Hawford Rd for a stroll around Opawa. All welcome. Sonya 027 253 3397.
Movie Night Saturday 30th October ‘Hello Dolly’ – Barbra Streisand is a knockout as Dolly Levi, the woman “who arranges things … like furniture and daffodils and lives”. The plot concerns Dolly, a young widow and professional matchmaker who sets her sights on conquering tight-fisted Yonkers merchant, Horace Vandergelder (played by Walter Matthau)! Good fun and great music. Bring your tea & be at the church any time after 5pm. The film will start at approximately 6.15pm. Tea and coffee provided. Koha appreciated. Irene 332 7306.
Pastoral Care Team meeting Monday 1st November 9.30am in the church foyer. Lyndsey 388 1264.
Men’s Group end of year dinner, Visions Restaurant Thursday 4th November 6pm – please let Rob C 384 4320 know if you’re coming.
Articles are now required for the next ‘Messenger’ – please email any contributions to Charlotte (email@example.com) before 7 November.
The Parish Council met on Thursday evening (21 October) and amongst other things discussed these issues:
- Following the unexpected dissolution of the Ministry Settlement Board because of the difficulty it had in agreeing on the name of a person the MSB could bring to the Parish Council, Council requested that Presbytery extend Don’s contract for ministry within the parish until November of next year, 2022. Presbytery agreed to this request.
- We decided to ask the company that cleans the church to clean it every week rather than every second week.
- Following Warren’s presentation about the Menzshed metal working shed project, and having received no significant objections to it, Council signed off on this project.
- Lyndsey McKay will attend the first PC meeting in the new year to report on the pastoral visiting team’s project .
- Rob Meier is to be thanked for the work he has done in placing a ‘cage’ around the gas bottles behind the church; Menzshed is to be thanked for replacing the roof over the toilets and kitchen and for building new shelving for storage upstairs; Colin Wilmshurst was thanked for his outstanding work in upgrading the sound desk; and appreciation was expressed to Sonya Hodder for her work with the Zoom project.
- Before the meeting ended, the Council discussed a number of issues about the Covid 19 virus and agreed that in the future, there may be some difficult issues for Parish Council and the congregation to manage.
What’s on This Week:
Monday 9am-12noon NO St Mark’s Elder Care. Therese 337 1225.
Tuesday 10am – 2.30pm South Elder Care. Jeannette 332 9869.
Tuesday 7.15pm Christian Meditation Group. Dugald 380 5024.
Wednesday 9.30am Walking Group: Opawa. Sonya 027 253 3397.
Wednesday 7pm Global Voices choir. Nick 027 2255142.
Thursday 10am – 12 noon Crafty Crafters. Bring along your own craft items or learn a new skill. $3 per session. Jeannette 332 9869.
Thursday 1.30pm Sit & Be Fit. Anneke 328 7459.
Thursday 5-7pm Familial Trust. Nadine 981 1093.
Friday 10.30am – 12.30pm Sign & Sing. Becky 022 20862211.
Saturday 5.15pm Movie Night. Irene 332 7306.