A very warm welcome to all who worship with us this morning. We thank the Rev Sheena Dickson for leading today’s service.
MASK WEARING: Due to the rising number of community Covid cases, the Parish Council strongly encourages everyone to again wear a mask when attending church services.
Here’s our Zoom link –
Topic: St Martin’s Sunday Worship. To Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 815 0869 6154
THANK YOU from Waltham Cottage for the magnificent contributions everyone donated – thus enabling over 80 parcels to be created and wrapped for some very deserving folk.
CHRISTMAS SERVICES 2022 (no services here):
St Mark’s Anglican Church, 101 Opawa Rd
Christmas Eve 11pm (carols from 10.45pm)
Christmas Day 9am
(mask wearing encouraged)
Opawa Community Church, corner Aynsley Tce & Opawa Rd
Christmas Day 9am
SUNDAYS IN JANUARY 2023 ~ all at 10am:
1st & 8th here with Beckenham Methodist led by Rev Alan Webster
15th & 22nd at Beckenham Methodist Church, 83 Malcolm Ave
29th here as usual with Rev Hugh Perry
On Sunday 1st we will also be joined by Opawa Community Church members.
THE PARISH OFFICE closes at 12 noon on Friday 23rd December, and will re-open on Wednesday 25th January 2023. Anna.
From this week’s Parish Council meeting:
- This week, Presbytery Council approved Rev Dan Yeazel as the Interim Moderator at St Martins. Dan is a minister in good standing in the PCUSA, but has been in New Zealand for some time serving in the North Island. He is now Christchurch based and is currently working as the Stated Supply Minister at Hurunui.
- Given the current numbers of COVID in the community, the Parish Council strongly advise that should you feel more comfortable wearing your mask in church, then please do so. Your welfare is our concern too. St Martins is very fortunate to be able to Zoom our services, and if that is an option for you, please use it.
- On the Executive team, Rob Meier has now retired from his position on the team and Barry Moore will take his place.
- The St Martins Facebook is to be retired and the web page given an uplift.
- Given the proximity to schools, day cares and even our own busy church facilities, an application has been made to the CCC regarding lowering the speed limit along St Martins Road.
- $865 was the collection taken at Don Fergus’s last service and, as was Don and Jo’s wish, was donated to Hagar.
- World Day of Prayer 2023 – it was decided that St Martins will not have a role in running this. However if members are wanting to engage in a service elsewhere, as and when we know details we will let you know. (3rd March 2023)
- 1st January 2023 – at our service we will be joined by members from the Opawa Community Church and the Beckenham Methodist. We will need extra folk to help on door and morning tea duties please. See Irene.